Fully featured 3D titles.Control 3D text parameters directly in FCPX. You can change materials, lighting and edges all in the inspector. Open up effects in Motion to customise further. Many cinematic templates provided. 2D titles can be converted into 3D with one click. This would explain the price cuts of similar 3D 3rd party plugins!
Smart Collections at the Library level. 5 supplied as a start such as projects and stills, but you can delete them and make your own.
You can now draw a mask with linear, bezier or B Splines smoothing. The mask can have unlimited control points and the the points can be animated over time. The masks can be used on any built-in effect or third party product.
Color Correction is now an Effect.
Reorder the correction in the inspector to make sure the correct sequence of operation (like applying a broadcast safe filter) You can also drag & drop and save a multilayer effect as a preset.
New Scope Display Options
Up to 4 Video Scopes on the screen at once. Graders rejoice at the choice from the pull-down menu.
New Import Window
Now consolidated onto one page. The sidebar means you don't have to go to a second page to access the import preferences.
Improved Processing of Waveforms
Caching of waveforms to improve performance over a network. (No word on if this will fix the growing file problem)
New XML Version 1.5
Also an option to export previous XML versions to improve third party compatibility.
Faster RED Workflow
Red Raw GPU-accelerated playback, rendering, and transcoding—including support for dual GPUs on Mac Pro. FCPX now reads the anamorphic flag for the correct widescreen display. Expect a 3.2x improvement on render times and a 2.4x improvement on optimisation to ProRes than 10.1.4. The latest RED plugin needs it be installed.
Send to Compressor
Now uses GPU Rendering. Expect up to a 3.3x increase when encoding ProRes 422. Support for dual GPUs on the MacPro and integrated graphics cards on laptops.
More Video Formats Supported
Now no need to install Sony's plugin for XAVC and XDCAM. Panasonic AVC-Ultra, Sony XAVC S, and JVC H.264 Long GOP files now supported. We believe XAVC L to be supported, but only when importing from a camera card or archive. This is great news for Sony FS7 owners. (Yes you Philip!)
Other Improvements, Features 7 Bug Fixes
• Enhanced Optical Flow with new algorithms and more format compatibility.
• Instantly display the alpha channel for any effect mask
• Improved keyframing with better motion smoothing
• CABAC entropy mode for multi-pass encoding
• Transform controls work correctly with photos in a secondary storyline
• Resizable Filter window for searching
• Slo-mo video clips from iPhone appear in the Browser with a badge
• Full-screen playback does not automatically superimpose transport controls
• Improved performance when skimming Long GOP video including AVCHD
• Exporting a Master File using i-Frame codecs like ProRes can play in QuickTime Player before the export completes
• Support for XAVC S video recorded at 120 fps and 240 fps
• MXF-wrapped AVC-Intra and Uncompressed files export faster